Sunday 14 August 2016

MDTA Garageband Tutorial

Today I had the privilege to speak to the MDTA teachers's about using Garageband. It was a great opportunity as it made me brush up on my own knowledge and use of the program, and it took me outside of my comfort zone which is always a good thing. We went over various aspects of Garageband from the very basics like recording audio tracks to creating music for movies. The teachers responded well to the tutorial and by the end were able to use the basic functions of Garageband with some degree of confidence. It was great for my teaching practise to experience pithing things to adults. Initially it was a bit daunting knowing I was tutoring fellow teachers however once I got into the swing of things it was really enjoyable. Thanks Dorothy Burt for the opportunity.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Rob for doing this. You made it fun, informative and useful. Everyone left feeling confident and energised.

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard wonderful things about your workshop. Looking forward to having you speak to our whole staff.

    ReplyDelete

Reading Practise Intensive - Day 9 Sharing

The 9th, and final day, of the Reading Practise Intensive was just as informative as the others. My big takeaway and challenge was around fe...