Thursday 6 June 2024

Manaiakalani Maths practise Intensive - Day 2

Teacher Workbook

Day 2 of the MPI brought a great bunch of things to think about and work on. I was particularly interested in the Teacher workbook that was highlighted. Essentially this is a one-stop shop spreadsheet that contains all the information you would need to plan and track your teaching and leanring. Some of the big pieces included:

  • Student assessment data
  • Responses to student maths profile survey
  • Long Term Planning Coverage
  • Weekly planning sheet
  • Curriculum leanring intentions for the various year groups




When I initially saw the workbook it was easy to get overwhelmed by all the tabs and the amount of possible information it could hold. However, I can see how it could be very useful in planning and tracking leanring and I'm looking forward to putting it to use. I like the idea of having everything in one place to plan and track for leanring rather than multiple spreadsheets, documents and sites etc.


Student Task board

I was also interested in the suggested student tasks boards. Like the planning doc, it was initially quite overwhelming with a load of content but I can see how if it was dialled back a bit it could be very helpful for our learners. I'm particularly interested in including more student choice into my practise.




 














1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Rob,
    Thank you for sharing your experience in the RPI around the workbook, as a lot of the teachers are feeling very overwhelmed by the many pages and information. Like you have reflected it is a great one stop shop for having everything you need in one place. As we unpack it moreover the days I am sure it will become more purposeful. I am looking forward to hearing how you have adjusted the student task board. Also what resources you use for your student choice. Do you get the students to monitor or track their choice activities? I will not be at the next MPI day as I am going to the ISTE conference in Denver. So see you on Day 4 of MPI.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Manaiakalani Maths practise Intensive - Day 5

Today focus on the MPI was Algebra. Vocabulary I was reminded of the vast amount of vocabulary students need to comprehend in order to under...