Monday 4 April 2022

Back In The Saddle!

This year I have returned to teaching at Pt England school after a 3 year break where I was pastoring and co-leading a central Auckland church. I am the team leader of our Year 7/8 syndicate which is made up of around 140 children and 4 other great teachers.

It has been an interesting time to come back to say the least! Initially, I hopped that the effects of COVID-19 on teaching in 2022 would be minimal, however that was wishful thinking. Like previous years we have had to adapt to the changes that COVID-19 has bought. I am so proud with how our children and teachers have adapted to the ever changing landscape. We all know that change is never easy, however the team, children and adults alike, have rolled with the punches and coped so well with the daily changes that came up. 

Currently, I'm working out what to focus my teaching inquiry on. I have wonderings around improving children's ability to discourse and share their opinions. I also have wonderings around engaging boys in reading that leads to achievement. I'll keep you updated with what I settle on.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Practise Intensive - Day 9 Sharing

The 9th, and final day, of the Reading Practise Intensive was just as informative as the others. My big takeaway and challenge was around fe...